Video poker (Jacks or Better)

decs image
stars stars stars grey stars grey stars 3 / 5
Reviewed by: Emily Warren Linkedin
Last updated: 04/06/2020
Video poker is a popular casino game that is largely based on the rules of poker. Jacks or better is a popular variant of video poker, which offers a pure gameplay and minimal unnecessary$anxiety. Here below you can play for free, and if you want to bet real money, just follow our links for exclusive bonuses.
Low deposit
18 + - play responsibly-min. deposit 50 SEK, - 0x wagering requirements
🔥 Best bonus 🔥
18+ years-Play responsibly, The National Gambling Exclusion Scheme. the offer is valid for new players from september 1, 2020 onwards. My. deposit 100$. Cash free Spins are valid for 60 days. Cash free Spins are wager-free. winnings are real money. The free bet is valid for 60 days with no wagering requirements.
18 + - play responsibly - minimum deposit$ 100-no wagering requirements on free spins. Spins are valid for 60 days.

Our Rating

Jacks or better is probably the most popular variant of video poker, so that's why we choose to go through just that. What distinguishes Jacks or better is that the smallest winning poker hand is a pair of jacks. The game also lacks jokers and side bets, making it a pure type of video poker with no$usiduller and unnecessary$anxiety. Jacks or better also has a really high theoretical return compared to other video poker variants (and most other casino games, for that matter). However, in order to get the maximum amount of winnings out of$, some skill is required.

Video poker is, as the name might suggest, a kind of cross between slot machine and poker. Just like in poker, it is important to keep track of how different hands rank, and in order to play really well, you should also keep track of how likely it is to build a winning hand with the cards you have. Practice gives skill, and here above you can play completely without risk. For a more in-depth review, check out this guide to video poker .

Objectives of the game

The goal in video poker is simply to get a winning hand. The winning hands vary between different types of video poker, but in Jacks or better there are at least pairs of jacks that apply. Thus, pairs of 10s or worse do not bring any profit. Video poker is built on skill, so we advise you to be prepared once you play for real money.

The course of the game

1. The first thing you do in video poker is decide on a bet. In the demo version above, you do this by choosing a coin value between €0.05 and €10, as well as a bet level between 1 and 5.

2. When you have selected a bet, Press”give". You are now dealt five cards.

3. Check out your cards. Do you already have a winning hand? Fun! If not, consider which cards you need to win. Click on the cards you want to keep, and then on ”draw” to replace the cards you have chosen to discard.

4. The round is now largely over. Either you have a winning hand, or you don't.

5. If you have won, however, you can choose to play kvitt or double (or quadruple) with your win. To do this, click on the ”Gamble”button. There you can choose whether you want to take a chance on black or Red (50% chance of doubling, 50% risk of losing the win) or on suite (25% chance of quadrupling, 75% risk of losing).

So! It was video poker in broad strokes. The game is very easy to get started with, but as I said, We strongly recommend that you nut into the different poker hands and feel free to plug in some probabilities as well. If you play according to optimal strategy, the theoretical return can be as high as 99.56%. However, if you are careless, you will be significantly stingier with profits.